Our guide to Amazon Prime Day (Ireland) tells you everything you need to know. The Prime Day sales event will start on June 21 and run for 48 hours through June 22.
Amazon Prime Day is going to be one of the internet’s biggest sales during 2021.
You can take advantage of some great deals on tech to beauty products. Also, you have discounts on everything from televisions, home appliances, and clothing to beauty products.
Does Brexit matter for Amazon Prime Day in Ireland?
No. If you live in Ireland and are a member of Amazon Prime, you still enjoy great value, the best selection, and the most convenient delivery options.
Amazon Prime Membership
This is important.
Prime members are the only ones eligible for Amazon Prime Day (Ireland) discounts. You can take advantage of the Amazon Prime Day with a free trial and receive discounts.
Would you like 30 days of free Prime membership?
Sign up for a 30-day trial to access the sale if you’re not yet an Amazon Prime member.
During the trial period, you won’t be charged. But you will need to input your card details when signing up since after 30 days Amazon turns you into a paid member. You will not be charged should you cancel your trial before the trial ends. So you can take advantage of the Prime Day event for free.
What is Amazon Prime?
For £7.99/month, You can get the following benefits as an Amazon Prime member:
- Get unlimited, FREE One-Day Delivery for millions of items.
- Watch over 15,000 movies and TV episodes with unlimited instant streaming.
- From a rotating selection of over 1,000 books, recent issues of magazines, comics, and Kindle Singles, you can read whenever you want and on any device.
- Secure, unlimited photo storage with anywhere access.
- Listen to over 2 million songs on Prime Music
- Get exclusive, early access to daily Lightning Deals
Your Amazon Prime Day (Ireland) Exclusive Offers
Despite still being weeks from the 21 June, Amazon has kicked things off early with a selection of deals that are already live, across its services and own-brand products.
Prime Video – Enjoy 50 per cent off TV shows and movies to rent or buy through Amazon’s streaming service.
Amazon Music – Access the four months of free listening with unlimited access to more than 70 million ad-free songs and millions of podcasts.
Audible – Until 22 June, Prime subscribers can enjoy three months of Audible membership for 99p, which includes access to new releases, bestsellers and Audible Original audiobooks and podcasts.
Kindle – Between now and 22 June, you can take advantage of three months of Kindle Unlimited for no extra charge. From 15 to 30 June, more than 300 books available on Kindle will be on sale for 99p.
Exclusively for Prime Members
No Delivery Charges for Prime Day (Ireland)
- No additional charge applies for unlimited Priority Delivery to Ireland (ROI) for Prime members.
- Also included in the Prime membership is unlimited One-Day Delivery within the U.K. on millions of eligible products for no extra charge. It’s great if you want to buy gifts for family or friends in the U.K.
Due to additional requirements by local customs authorities for deliveries to the Republic of Ireland from 1 January 2021, some deliveries may take longer than usual. Your delivery date at checkout and in Your Orders will provide an accurate and up-to-date estimate of the delivery date for an order.
What about Import Fee Deposit (IFD); VAT and Duties?
According to Amazon.co.uk, for goods sold by or fulfilled by Amazon, the item price is omitted from the detail page, and the applicable VAT and Import Fees are calculated during the checkout process based on the delivery address:
- where the value of your package is €22 or less, Irish VAT and customs duties should not be due.
- where the value of your package exceeds €22 but is below €150, import VAT may be due and customs duties should not be due*
- where the value of your package exceeds €150, import VAT and customs duties will be due*.
* In these cases, Amazon will collect an estimate of Import Fees during check out (“Import Fee Deposit”). These funds will be used to pay the import fees on your behalf to the appropriate authorities when your package reaches the Republic of Ireland.
When you check out, you will be able to see the estimate of your import fee deposit.
For deliveries of goods sold and fulfilled by Marketplace Sellers on Amazon.co.uk, the price you pay at checkout should include all costs required for deliveries to the selected address.
Returns to Ireland
Amazon continues to accept eligible returns for goods sold or fulfilled by Amazon. If your order is sold and dispatched by a Seller on Amazon Marketplace, you can learn more about arranging Marketplace Returns and Refunds.
A Data Analyst is reader-supported. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.